Think you’ve heard it all when it comes to unusual sex trivia? Think again! We’re sharing our top 10 wildest sex facts to arouse your curiosity…
1) Sex toys are as old as sex itself! The world’s oldest known sex toy was a siltstone from 30,000 years ago discovered in Germany.
2) In the Aztec culture avocados were considered so sexually powerful, virgins were restricted from contact with them. Guacamole anyone?
3) Long before Viagra, Muslim physicians and pharmacists were the first to prescribe oral medication for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, including drug therapy combined with diet.
4) Wonder why a vibrator is called a dildo? In Renaissance Italy, the word “diletto,” meaning, “delight,” evolved into “dildo.” The Latin “dilatare,” meaning, “to open wide” may also have had an influence on this delightful sex tool.
5) In 1902, Hamilton Beach patented the first electric vibrator available for retail sale – the fifth home appliance to be electrified, after the sewing machine, the fan, the teakettle and the toaster. Talk about technological priorities!
6) Condoms were originally made of animal intestines, oiled silk paper or linen, and were held on with a ribbon. Lucky for us the options now come in a variety of fun colours, flavours and even ribbed for her pleasure!
7) In Ancient Greece, the common slang for a blowjob was “playing the flute”. We’ll never look at music practice the same again.
8) Humans aren’t the only members of the animal kingdom that enjoy sex for fun! Bonobo chimps have been observed engaging in sexual activity, when they are not in their natural reproductive cycles, and are the only non-human animal to have been observed engaging in all of the following sexual activities: face-to-face sex, tongue kissing and oral sex.
9) The first man to discover the erogenous G-spot? That would be the German gynecologist Dr. Ernest Grafenberg, whom the sensitive area on the upper wall of the vagina is named after. G, thanks Doc!
10) Marilyn Monroe, the most celebrated sex icon of the 20th century, confessed to a friend that despite three husbands and a parade of lovers, she had never had an orgasm.
Tell us! What is the most outrageous sex-related fact you’ve ever heard!